Sunday 9 December 2012

Animals Friends and Life

Hello blog o' mine. I'm sorry for neglecting you, but my two babies have been sick for the past 2 weeks and work has gone crazy and I find myself with so much to say/ do and so little time.


So Imma gonna bullet point my face off here, just to keep you a bit more up to date with what's going on in Tam Land!

1. We're moving house! We finally found a place that's not too shiny and not too old and broken (we don't want super shiny because the kids will WRECK it, but not too old and stinky either for obvious reasons), it's in the middle of nowhere with a massive garden and a large spacious space (ha). We're so excited! :)


2. Elliot turned one and I'm mid way writing his birthday letter. The poor kid is a typical 2nd child and doesn't get half of all we did for Dylan but I WILL write him a birthday letter. I will I will I will. :)

3. So the plague came to visit (again) which meant Dylan ended up in hospital several times with his breathing issues and ambulances and doctors were called and came to the house and now Elliot has it too and he wakes up every 10 minutes at night leaving me deeply devastated, depressed and tortured. How come they don't advertise that children are weak little things and basically can't cope AT ALL with 1 little virus? Before I had children I wasn't bothered by a little cold virus here and there, now I'm plotting chemical warfare on the fuckers. I hate viruses so much, it's consuming me. Last night I was lying in bed with a screaming baby (who couldn't breastfeed because his nose was full of snot and wouldn't calm down whatever we did) and I could feel this RAGE growing inside of me, aimed at viruses. Elliot is already an atrocious sleeper, but when he's sick, it turns nuclear ... Death to ALL viruses, seriously, I don't care if it's messes with the entire universe's ecosystem ... Ok, end complaining. (Most of you who know me, know that I am generally a very non--violent person, but viruses (and mosquitoes) drive me into violent rages!! ;)


Can you feel the rage seething off me here? ;) I know, instead I look angelical, but the rage is there, truly! ;)

4. Because I hardly ever get any time for anything to do with just ME, I am trying to give myself 30 minutes every day to some art in. This to save my sanity and possibly to save the world ;). So, this week these awesome little animal friends came to visit telling me to calm down and that 'this too shall pass' and to 'take it easy peasy' :) Still a work in progress, but I'm loving them:


5. Christmas is around the corner and this is the first year that Dylan has any kind of understanding of what 'presents' mean and what a Christmas tree is! So he and Andy had great fun buying the tree and decorating it, but it also came with a lot of drama because Dylan 'wanted the tree to stand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM'. He was heartbroken to find out it couldn't just stand in the middle of the room. Hilarious. The drama that is the life of 3 year olds. Ha.



6. New Art Supply LOVE! :) I finally ordered some dabbers, distress stains and a gelli plate! I ordered mine off the wonderful Dyan Reaveley, she has an online art shop over here: www.afth.co.uk and guess what?! She included a FREE sample of her amazing new mixed media art journal in the package! My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw it! I'm SO excited to be using it, I have heard so much good stuff about the journal! :D I'll will do a review when I have a chance! Haven't tried the gelli plate yet, but will do soon and let you know how it goes! 



7. Because we'll be moving house mid January and my internet connection might be sketchy for a while, I'm preparing the first 3 months of my Life Book 2013 lessons in the next couple of weeks! This hilarious fun page was created for the first lesson, we'll be setting some goals for the year AND appreciating our blessings right now too! :) Preparing lessons for courses is so much fun. :)


8. I managed to create a little video for my 'art saves' story for crescendoh.com, I'm very proud of it, hope you like it! :)



Ok groovy art gang. That's it for me. Poor Dylan is wanting me to make a den with him and I keep telling: "another 10 mins Dylbee", so I better get to den making.
Big hugs and love. Dear reader: I appreciate you. 
xox Tam

7 comments:

  1. Poor sick kids! I hope they -and you - get some relief fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! sounds like you have a lot on your plate! glad festive spirit is spreading but shame about the viruses! i get them all the time, the joys of being a primary teacher! gorgeous art work and love the new stash! i have a gelli plate too arrived this week, but haven't had chance to play yet...sniff! your new home looks fab, hope the move goes to plan. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the babies are well in no time! Loving the animal art - SO cute! You are so inspiring. Best of luck with the move. Always an adventure, that. My husband thought it was funny that, as an artist, you would not let Dylan have the tree in the middle of the room. Shows you what he's used to, huh? HAHA! Happy Holiday spirit and fun to you and your sweet family.
    xo
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. After being sick three times I found out my daughter was making herself sick from chewing on the corner of one of her pillows it wasn't until I washed and dried it in the dryer that she got well and stayed well. Viruses are crazy. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the boys get better soon, all the best with the new house and moving. Loved the video, art has saved me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dyan's journal. I'm planning to use it for Lifebook 2013

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new (old) house! My fondest dream is to move to the UK and would love to have a house just like that, out a bit from people. But, I'm stuck in hot, hot, hot Texas. Bleah.

    My goodness your boys look so much like you! :)

    <3 Nan in Austin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...